Sunday, December 14, 2008

Nutcracker China Doll


Kiani was in the Nutcracker for her ballet studio again this year. She was a Mini China Doll this year. The young kids don't get to be on stage for very long so it is a lot of work for just seconds on stage but she enjoyed it and loves being on stage no matter how much time she is on there. There were over 100 kids who didn't make it so she was just thrilled to be one of them who did. Her costume was very comfortable. She was the only one of her group of dancers that didn't complain about her costume. The others were ichy, or tight, or falling apart. The studio she goes to for dance, Clytie Adams School of Ballet, is very strict. She would be have been out of the performance if she missed even one practice, even due to illness. It is really really large production and every year they add more parts to accomodate more kids. We are crossing our fingers that next year she makes it because most likely she will be in the next group up (it is based off of height not age.) and strangely enough she is fairly tall for her age so she will be trying out against older girls and there are less parts for that group. I enjoy watching it and go as many times as I can during the 4 performances.
The mini dolls, Kiani's friend Cami was one with her which was a ton of fun.

Proud parents and a very spoiled girl. So many flowers.

Grandma and Grandpa Peterson drove a long way to watch her. Thanks guys.
Thanks so much Grandma and Grandpa Atkinson for coming done after a long day of work.

The performances were great. Kiani did a splendid job. Oh and there is a live orchestra for all of the performances which I really enjoy and my dad was impressed with. I forgot my camera on Friday night and was sad because I went with my sister Annette, and her two daughters Rachel and Emily. I wanted to get some pictures but oh well what can you do. Thanks Annette and girls for driving so far to watch Kiani perform. She and I were really happy that you did.

1 comment:

jillpill said...

She looks beautiful! You are an amazing mom, that must have been so stressful to have her at all the practices and performances! I think you earn a congratulations as well as her!