On Kaua'i, we just wanted to go to the beach and swim in the ocean. We had been told you could just walk a little bit after you get off the boat and there was a decent beach to go to. The beach was located at a Marriott Time Share so it was technically their beach but since it was a public beach we could play on it. Dallin snagged a couple of lounge chairs and Kalea and I hung out on them and the sand most of the time. She didn't like the waves so she was scared of the water. We tried carrying her out into it but she didn't like that any better. She wimpered the whole time.

Kiani and Dalek on the other hand had a great time playing. Kiani played with her friend Jeremy most of the time. Dallin said he was flirting with her the whole time (hahaha). The waves were small enough here because we were surrounded by cliffs that blocked the waves coming in. We saw lots of little crabs crawling on the rocks on the side of the beach. Dalek and Kalea wanted buried.

Kiani swam so long I thought she had turned into a fish. Dallin got the best hamburgers I have ever eaten for lunch. I am craving them as I write this. We met a couple that had lived in out Midvale ward about 5 years before we moved in. They were on the cruise with us but we didn't run into them until the beach. They enjoyed playing with my kids which was nice for us since most people were not fond of kids. My dad spent his time drawing and talking to the locals and my mom hung out with me and went to the store for water.

After some dark clouds rolled in we decided it was best to head back to the boat. The kids were tired and had had a great day. Dalek met a Russian surgeon on the way back to the boat and she told him that his name is Russian. She said it isn't common but that she had heard it before. We didn't do a whole lot once we got back on the ship because we were pretty tired from the sun and water.
1 comment:
Your pictures are so amazing. Looks like you all had a ton a fun. I missed ya a ton, but I am glad you guys had a great trip.
Post a Comment