
We went golfing at the little minature golfing green at the top of the ship. It was really hard because your ball would roll all over the place. Dalek enjoyed it a lot and went several times.

I am not sure why Dallin has a frowny face in this picture. He just made a hole in one so he should be smiling. Silly boy.
Dallin enjoyed taking the kids swimming but just as I said before he spent a lot of time in the gym. My parents and I went to a scavenger hunt together but we lost. It was all in one room instead of through out the ship and very hectic. I was sad that they didn't have a chocolate night. Other cruises we have gone on has had a chocolate night with a big buffet of desserts at midnight. There are sculptures out of chocolate and everything. These guys did a champagne fountain instead, not very fun for us. My parents were told by their waiter that he would make sure they got 5 glasses of champagne. My parents said no thank you of course. They were able to do a little missionary work on the boat.

In Ensenada, we went to see a past exchange students family. He stayed with us when Tim (my younger brother) was a senior in high school. We have stayed in contact with both him and his family and were able to see his Mother and Aunt. My mom had seen them several times before when she had taken Spanish classes in Ensenada during the summer. We didn't have an address for their store and so we just walked around until we found it. We had some good food at a restuarant that ended up not being Mexican but we did get a Chile Relleno which was really good. We bought some fun things at their store. We had some good food at a restuarant that ended up not being Mexican but we did get a Chile Relleno which was really good. We didn't spend too much time there since there wasn't a whole lot of time.
On December 10th, we got off the boat and spent the day at Newport Beach. After 15 days on a boat and we didn't see any sea life except in the submarine, we finally saw something. There was a seal swimming around the pier. Kalea and I decided we hadn't had enough adventure so we locked the keys in the rental car while at the beach. Kalea locked the door while I was changing her diaper and right as I shut the door I realized the keys were inside. When I went to get them out it was locked. Fortunately we were able to get a lock smith out there really fast and get back into the car. The whole time the camera was locked in the car though so there are no pictures from the beach. We ate at a really yummy restuarant that was recommended by our friend Jason Richards. It was called the Crab Cooker. We got to the airport 3 hours early which I didn't realize until we were already inside and couldn't leave. The clock in our rental car was one hour off. We spent the time eating cold cereal because the food at the Long Beach airport is awful. I felt like we were in a 3rd world countries airport. I don't recommend that airport to anyone. We were all glad to get back home. When Kalea woke up the next morning in her bed (she had gone to sleep on the way home and didn't know we were there.), she said to me over and over, "Mom, bed." She spoke what all of us were thinking. What a fun trip but we were all glad to be home to our beds.

No comments:
Post a Comment