
I started the day out for her by making her her favorite breakfast, a breakfast burrito. I left her note in the bathroom telling her happy birthday and that she should go back to bed. She didn't want to go back to her bed so she went to mine instead. I brought her breakfast in my bed and she enjoyed eating it there but told me it felt a little weird to eat in bed. She didn't have a great birthday present at school, she had to start their end of year testing on that day but she still had a good day at school. I came and got her for lunch and took her out to the Mexican restuarant in downtown Farmington. We decided to share a Chicken Fajitas but I wasn't sure how much food it would be since some places you can't really share them and get full. I ordered a kids quesidilla to go with it. When the food came out we regretted buying the quesidilla's. The fajita platter had enough food to feed a whole family. It ended up feeding us, my friend Liz, and then Kiani, Dalek and I for lunch the next day.

Later that night, we picked up Dallin from work and headed to the bike shop to pick out Kiani's bike. Unfortunately they closed at 7 and we got there at 7:07. We tried a pawn shop too but they closed at 7 also. So we just headed to our favorite birthday restuarant, Tepanyaki's. Kalea is still terrified of the fire but like Dalek did I am sure she will grow out of it. Kiani opened a present every 20 minutes.


I wasn't sure what to get her for her birthday this year. She is starting to transition out of toys like barbies and such. She still plays with them but not very often so I didn't want to buy her new ones. I ended up getting her a bunch of new clothes, two movies, some headphones, a new lunch bag and a new bike.
The next night Kiani had her birthday party. She had invited 24 girls with very short notice and I was mistaken thinking that only about 14 would be able to come. There were 19 girls there plus Kalea and Dalek. We started out with playing Scattergories, then played Rock Band and Dance, Dance Revolution.
One of the girls that was at the party is a really good singer. She just moved here this year from New York and has had a lot of training. The girls heard she was singing and someone yelled, "Come on everyone. Eve is singing. It is like going to a rock concert for free!" She is a tiny little thing and can sing like she is a giant. We had pizza and again I underestimated the girls. They all could eat. I should have got more pizza. We started watching a movie but ended up stopping it in the middle because we were running out of time. They opened presents and then had cake and ice cream. It got a little crazy during that time.

One girl filled her gift bag with confetti and what ten year old can't resist throwing it all over? I was cleaning it out of all the nooks and crannies for days.
I made Kiani two different kinds of cakes. She loves both Angel Food Cake with Strawberries and Danish Dessert and German Chocolate Cake with Coconut frosting.
The girls were having so much fun that they called their Mom's and asked if they could stay longer. We ended up going over about an hour. The party was scheduled for 4 to 9. I am so glad that Kiani had a great turn out and that everyone had a good time. Pretty amazing to make it through 6 hours with 19 girls and have noone in tears or upset. What a fun night.

1 comment:
oh my goodness!! what a day!! did you have 3 exhausted children that night??
that party looks like a ton of fun! and a LOT of stress for you!
but i'm so glad that it went so well. Kiani looks so happy!
Happy Birthday to her!!
too bad testing was on her birthday. did the teacher's know it was her big day? maybe they'd have just give her an A straight up. :)
Post a Comment