The kids had a ton of fun playing in Bear Country. I mostly followed Kalea and Dallin tried to keep up with the other two. I wasn't able to get many pictures of Dalek because he was always speeding so fast past me.
The kids love the 4d bug movie so we decided to go there and a couple of other rides at California Adventure. I am not all that impressed with that side of the two parks. They have a few rides we like, like the roller coaster and the Tower of Terror but other then that Lagoon is much better. We only spent a few hours over there and the rest of the time we played at Disneyland. Dallin took Kalea and Kiani on the Winnie the Pooh ride. Dalek was really tired, (We realized at the end of the day that he was getting sick.) so he didn't want to go. He just wanted to lay in my lap.
The kids were disappointed that Kalea wasn't big enough to go on the water ride at California Adventure. I didn't really want to go anyway. It was a nice day but not warm enough to want to get wet.Just before dinner time I decided that I would run back to the hotel and change my pants (I was wearing nice jeans and decided I didn't want to ruin them.) Kalea and I ran back to the hotel. When I got there, Dallin called and said that he would like me to pick up some dinner and bring it back so Kalea and I got some chicken and headed back. I ran the whole way back. As I was approaching the gates, I realized that I had left the jackets back on the bed at the hotel. I had put mine on and Kalea's and Dallin was wearing one so I thought no big deal. Dallin can let Kiani wear his and I will let Dalek wear mine. I got up to the gate and went to hand them my ticket and remembered that it was back at the hotel in my pants I had just taken off. So back to the hotel Kalea and I went. Total miles that I ran to the hotel that day was just under 3 miles. I had run so much in that hour that I had the nice exercise high from the endorphines. I made it back just in time to get to the roller coaster for our fast pass. Kiani was lucky and was able to ride twice since someone had to stay with Kalea and Dalek. Dallin took Dalek on the Tower of Terror and he really didn't care for it. Kiani went with me and she loves that ride. We stayed a little later this time and were able to hit every ride we had wanted to except Space Mountain which we decided we would do first thing the next morning. We watched the fire works and then went back to the hotel for some much needed sleep.
The next day was packed. It was wall to wall people. You would have to take a step and then stop and wait before you could take another step. We headed straight for Space Mountain and from the time that we saw the sign that said it was a 1/2 hour wait to when we got to the place to get fast passes it had changed to an hour wait. We decided to get a fast pass instead of waiting. Again Kiani got to ride it twice. Dalek wasn't quite tall enough to ride on it. We decided to get away from the crowds and go to Tom Sawyer Island. The kids really enjoyed playing there.

After riding Splash Mountain a few times, we decided to hit the road. We headed to Carlsbad to spend the night. We stopped off at a great Crab and Lobster restuarant on the way down. We had eaten there in December and really wanted to go again because the food was so good. It was pretty late for the kids again when we got to the hotel. Tyler and Kristen were staying there too with their kids. We went to Legoland the next day with them. I will write about that on the next post.

1 comment:
Hey! No, we are actually renting out the basement of grandpa's old house on 6th east. Peter will commute for work and school, which I don't like but it's not too far. I am so jealous of you guys! I want to go back to Disneyland so bad. Hopefully soon:)
Post a Comment