Tuesday, Dallin had to get up really early and head to the airport so that he could go to his Grandpa Muir's funeral. His flight left around 6:00 and got in around 9:00. He had to really hurry to make it up to Brigham City to the funeral. I am so glad he was able to go but very sad that the kids and I missed it. Tyler, Dallin's brother also flew out to the funeral but he flew the night before. I decided to hang out with Kristen and her kids that day since both of our husbands were in Utah for the funeral. We decided to go to the Natural History Muesum in L.A. since Kristen had a season pass there and we thought the kids would enjoy it. I was proud of myself for being able to make it there without getting lost. It did help that I had my iphone and it gave me directions. When we got there Kristen realized that it was the one free day a month for the muesum so it was pretty crowded but we still had fun. Dalek wanted to go through a lot slower then the other kids did and would get frustrated that we would try to make him move on. He wanted me to read every plaque about every egg, leaf, animal, etc. I think it is so great that he wants to learn so much. We really didn't get to see much of the muesum because it is so big. I would love to go back again sometime and see more of it.

The kids loved the area where they could dig for dinasour bones and play with other neat things. Kalea was running her hand along an exhibit and was looking out the window and when she came to the end of it, there was a spider puppett. She jumped so high and pulled her hand back so fast when she touched it. I wished I had been videoing her. It was too funny. She didn't want to go anywhere near it.

The kids liked this bear we found in a corner. Cute little Vinny is hiding behing the bears arm.

The bear was so soft. Kalea didn't want to pose with it. It was too scary for her.
We stayed until lunch time and then went back to Tyler and Kristen's house for lunch. Thanks so much Kristen for having us. We had so much fun with you. We hung out until 3 and then we all had to leave. Kristen had to get to work and we had to go get Dallin from the airport. I wasn't used to the LAX airport and I pulled into the wrong lane to pick up Dallin and got yelled at by the security guards. Oops. We were happy to have Dallin back with us again. We took the kids to our favorite restuarant for sushi. We didn't really get to enjoy it very much though because Kalea just wanted to run all over instead of eat. We decided we won't do that again. When we got back to the hotel they were just setting off the fireworks at Disneyland so the kids got to watch them before going to bed...... to be continued on the next post.
No comments:
Post a Comment