Monday, May 4, 2009

Spring Break "Legoland"


The next morning we woke up to rain. I went to the store to get milk and cereal in the poring rain. We had originally wanted to go see the aquarium at Legoland and we spent the extra money on hopper tickets but with Dalek being sick we just let him sleep. By the time we got to Legoland the rain had blown over and it was nice the rest of the day. Legoland was a bit of a disappointment after Disneyland atleast from a ride stand point. The lego structures were great and we really loved Mini-land with all the replicas of cities made out of Legos. Kalea wasn't able to go any rides but two. I was glad that they had places to play in every section so that she could atleast do something besides ride in the stoller and walk around. As I am look through the pictures, I didn'd take enough pictures of this vacation. I usually take three times as many pictures but it has gotten harder with three kids to take as many. It seems like you are always just trying to make sure you have all of the kids. We did lose Dalek for about ten minutes. We were all walking together to play on a play structure. I thought Dallin was watching Dalek and he thought I was (I had Kalea). Dalek saw a wishing well on the way and decided to run over and play in it. He wasn't worried at all that there wasn't any parents with him. Scared us to death. The park closed at 6:00 which was way too early but we were able to see pretty much everything we wanted to anyway. We took Tyler and Kristen out to a Mexican restuarant and then spent one more night at the hotel.
The next morning we started the drive home. We wanted to have a good breakfast before we left so we found a great little place and enjoyed the best food of the trip. We took our time getting back to Utah because we were all tired and we wanted the kids to be able to get out and stretch and so we were pretty late getting to my parents house that night. Sorry mom and dad for keeping you up so late. We had to stop in St. George and pick up some asthma medicine for Dalek. His doctor called it in for us since I had failed to pack it. The one trip I forget to bring it we need it. I guess that is the way it goes. We didn't hit Farmington until around 1:30 the next morning. Long day and we were all glad to be in our beds again. I am rested now and ready to go back on vacation. :)

2 comments:

Jessica Simonsen Howard said...

So Legoland is not so cool! I have thought it might be fun to go there, but maybe not. Sounds like you guys had a lot of fun.

Baylis Family said...

kalani,
Your family always seems to have such fun vacation trips. We need to take more vacations.