
Kiani and her class went to the Utah Heritage Park up by the zoo the first part of May. They got to pull or push handcarts around. They learned a couple of dances, went to a mock school from the pioneer days and learned about what a tinmaker does. We had a picnic lunch and then got to ride on the train/wagon around the park before getting on the bus to go home. I enjoyed going there. I hadn't been there before so it was all new to me. Kiani had gone for a Christmas thing with her friends a few years ago and remembered some of the buildings.

Dalek and his class went to the zoo.
We spent a bit of the time trying to find Michael, Dalek's friend. They went in the zoo before we did and Liz, his mom, was with us and of course wanted to be with Michael too. We did find him eventually and were able to see the rest of the zoo with him. They really didn't give us much time to see the zoo. We had about an hour and a half before we had to go back to the buses. We didn't get to spend as much time there as we would have liked. Kalea and Ella got to tag along with us too since we didn't ride the bus. Her favorite part was the tigers. 

Our last field trip was to the Pioneer Village at Lagoon. The 4th graders walked from the school to the back of Lagoon.
We had a paper that we had to answer questions on the things in the buildings and they also got to ride on the Log Flume. I was surprised at how the kids did on the walk there and back to the school. It was warm that day but not too hot. It was on a Friday and we spent most of the school day there.I didn't know that there was a jail there in Pioneer Village and that they actually used it when people did things like get drunk and act unruly at Lagoon. They were very serious about others ruining the fun at Lagoon. They would lock them up over night and them put them on a train out of town the next morning.
We had a picnic lunch and walked back to school. There was only about 40 minutes left until school got out so I stayed there and played kickball with Kiani's class. Most of the girls didn't want to play but Kiani and two other girls played. I was proud of her for playing. I look forward to next school year and the fun times I get to have with my kids on more field trips.

No comments:
Post a Comment