Thursday, June 25, 2009

Photo Shoot with Kelly Bennett


While having dinner with an old friend from high school several months ago, she was catching me up on some of the people she had kept in contact with. One of those people was a guy I had dated in high school. I found out that he had remarried and the girl that he married was a really amazing photographer. I absolutely love getting good pictures done of my children so I wanted to check out her work. She has a blog and I was very impressed. I love her style and so I sent a message to her and set up an appointment for my children.
The day of the photo shoot was a little hectic and we didn't make it to Holden (a little town just north of where I grew up which is over 2 hours away from Farmington) on time and the sun was going down fast plus it had been raining all day. I was a little worried that Kelly wouldn't be able to get any good pictures of my kids. The kids were really wild and crazy since they had just been trapped in the car for 2 1/2 hours and had no time to unwind. We went to a beautiful pasture that had horses and that made my kids even more wild because the horses would come right up to you. One of them was a colt. It is really rare for a colt and its mother to come anywhere near strangers but this one took it another step further and would come right up to you and nibble on your arm. At one point, Kiani got kicked by the colt when it got startled and we realized that we had never really told our kids much about being around horses and other animals. She didn't realize that you shouldn't stand behind it.
Kelly was great and took pictures through all the drama. After a quick bathroom stop at Kelly's house we headed home. The next morning she gave me a sneak peek of some of the pictures and I was so impressed. I couldn't believe she had gotten such a good picture of each one of my kids. What an amazing photographer and what a great person. I have really enjoyed getting to know her the last couple of months. Here are some of the pictures.
Kalea was so excited because the colt was coming to her. I just love the expression of sheer joy on her face.

Kiani is growing up way too fast for me. These pictures really show how much she has grown.
I love how in this shot shows the personality of all of my kids.
This pictures definitely shows how wild and crazy Dalek was but it is such a great shot.
I may be a little bias but I think this baby is just the cutest little thing.

I think this shot of Dalek could be in a magazine. That boy is seriously photogenic.
I can't believe she was able to get a shot of his beautiful smile. He didn't seem to be smiling too much that night. Just being goofy.

5 comments:

Kelly Bennett said...

Your kids are beautiful inside and out as are you..... thank you so much for both the photo session and for becoming my friend... you are a true treasure...
kell

kristen said...

I do love her work also, but jow could someone get a bad picture of your kids, honestly? They are all so beautiful. What a great looking bunch. I hope your summer is going well and continues to go well. Have fun at the reunion for us. We are so sad we won't be there, but we will be coming in August for a couple of weeks. Love you guys!

The Richards Family said...

Oh I LOVE them all.

Hay Dub said...

Your children are so beautiful! She is an amazing photographer. LOVE LOVE LOVE them.

Anonymous said...

Hey!

You are in the middle of a tri athalon right now and you are in my thoughts and prayers. I LOVE these pictures. Tell me again how I can get copies of them. I really need to update pictures in our home.

Love,

Mom