
The theme this year was Utah and they were Seagulls and at the end they carried off little Crickets (4 year olds who did a little dance number in the middle.) Kiani was disappointed that she wasn't able to carry a cricket. There were a lot of bigger, older girls in her class that did the carrying. She loved the feel of her costume and had a really hard time leaving it alone. She has a natural talent for dance and you can just see it on her face as she dances that she is thoroughly enjoying herself.

The second night of performance, she was a cactus flower. This was her ballet number and I was able to record it on video which is good because the next day Kiani was swinging on our swing outside and fell backwards out of the swing onto her shoulder. She was crying harder then I have ever seen her cry and so I knew there was something wrong. I had the E.R. doctor down the street from us come take a look at her and he said that he was pretty sure that her collar bone was broken. So we got in the car and went to the instacare for an X-ray and sure enough it was broken. She was so sad and cried harder thinking about not being able to dance that night. The doctor told her that she could dance if she wanted to. She was bound and determined to dance no matter how much it hurt. She danced so beautifully that night and even had a smile on her face while she was doing it. I, as an emotional mother, was brought to tears by how amazing she was. She was so brave. She had to wear a sling for the last three weeks and just barely got to stop wearing it this week.


2 comments:
What a tough girl! Poor little thing. By the way, your previous post is AMAZING! Your children are gorgeous! Your photographer did a wonderful job...I'm kind of a sucker for good photographers. And I agree, the one picture of Dalek could be in a magazine. His eyes just suck you in! I love their clothes too! Cute Cute Cute!
She looks so good out there.
Post a Comment