

We were able to go to the Farmington fire station just before leaving on our cruise to Mexico. It was a last minute decision. The kids came home from school with a note saying that the fire station would be putting on an open house and food drive. You could bring cans of food for rides on the fire trucks. I thought it would just take around 1/2 hour to go down and ride and get back home so Kiani could go to dance. Boy was I wrong. The line was huge to get on the trucks.
I got in line with Dalek and Kalea and Kiani went to some of the different areas of the open house with her friend Austyn Beckstead. They were able to go through a simulated version of what it is like inside a house that is on fire (minus the heat and fire). They used a fogmaker to make it seems like the building was full of smoke and they had to find the guy who was trapped inside the building.
She also rode on one of those crash test things. (I am not sure what they are called.) Dallin meet us there when we were about halfway done with the line. He got there just in time for the free scones and homemade icecream. Dalek and Kalea both got balloons. 
The two older kids got to ride in the front of the firetruck and Kalea, Dallin and I rode in the back.
Kalea was scared and whimpered most of the ride. I think she probably didn't like going backwards and all the noise. It was a very fun night for the family and we are very glad we went.

No comments:
Post a Comment