Sunday, November 2, 2008

Halloween

We all really enjoy Halloween in our house. Dressing up and being something different for a day is fun for us. Dallin dressed up as a communist right down to his little red book from China. I took the kids into Dallin's work as soon as I got done sewing Kalea's costume. I spent a couple hours the night before and most of the day on Friday sewing it. My plan was to get it done before the cruise but that didn't happen. I thought it turned out pretty cute for having done it last minute. We got to Dallin's work just after 4 p.m. and most of the people had already left. They were still able to get too much candy and see their dad in his work environment.


We went to Josh and Kammy Aston's house on our way home so that we could get pictures of Kalea and Tatum together. Tatum was an ape and they are so cute together we just had to get pictures. She and Kalea are the same age. Plus Dalek is friends with Trey their son so it was fun to stop in and see them. We also got to see their house now that the remodeling is finished.


After dinner we headed out to trick-or-treat. I stuck the bowl of candy on the porch so we could all go. Kiani decided she wanted to go with her friends Cami and Kylie since they were all 3 Japanese princesses. I really missed being with her. It makes me sad thinking of her growing up. Dalek, Kalea, Dallin and I didn't really go to very many houses. We stopped at a few here and there but still ended up with way too much candy. Our last stop was to Aunt Kristen's house. She had gone all out with her decorating and cooking. She had soup, breadsticks, homemade hot chocolate and rootbeer, donuts and a movie going on in the backyard. She is so amazing.

Dallin loved this pumpkin that his nephews carved.

Kiani met us there and then we went to a house up the street that does a whole big Harry Potter thing in their backyard. They had Mad Eye Mooney greet you at the door and then Dumbeldor (I know I spelled that wrong.) used a sorting hat to sort them into their houses. He had a little recorder he put next to their ear that sounded just like the sorting hat. Kiani and Kalea were in Griffendor and Dalek was in Ravenclaw. They had wood structures built up to represent Hogsmead. They had butterbeer and cider at one. Donuts at another. The trick shop and the shrieking shack. There was also a fortune teller and a place where they gave out candy. They had over a dozen people dressed up as the characters from Harry Potter. It was such a fun house to visit. I guess they have done this for a few years but this is the first we knew about it. It was late at this point and the kids were exhausted so we called it a night.

2 comments:

Hay Dub said...

I love your kids costumes. You did such an awesome job! Thanks for the umbrellas and I am so glad we got to see you. Ya we have to go early to the Harry Potter house next year for sure. That was so neat.

jillpill said...

Your costumes are awesome! I envy your sewing ability. What a talent. I still remember all the darling dresses you made for Kiani!