Monday, October 27, 2008

Mexican Cruise

This past week Dallin and I had the opportunity to go on a cruise to Mexico with his company. It was a blast. I had tons of fun getting to know the people he works with and their wives. There were six of us couples who hung out a lot. We did two excursions together had dinner together and played games. I laughed so much this past week. Our room was a mini suite so we were somewhat spoiled. In a month, we will be in a little inside cabin with our kids so that will be interesting. When we got home I checked to see if they had any rooms with atleast a window still available but it looked like they were all booked up.

These were of our first port, Cabo San Lucas. We went out in the middle of nowhere and drove dune buggy's. Dallin drove and I rode because I was not about to pay $250 per person to drive. The jump was a ton of fun and Dallin was a great driver. The washboards hurt my back which has never happened before. I probably wouldn't ever do this again but it was fun. I think I would have preferred going to the beach and kayaking or snorkeling.


These pictures were from Mazatlan. We didn't have an excursion planned for this port and so we wanted to go to a beach. We were approached when we got off the boat by people selling timeshares and decided we would go there since they had a private beach and we wouldn't be approached by people trying to sell us things. The place was really pretty. I loved the private villas. We got free lunch, 50 dollars to spend on the grounds, and taxi rides to and from the resort. The beach was fairly small but there weren't very many people down there so it was quiet. We looked for seashells and tried to get some sun (I tried.) as you can see I am not very tan even after a summer of taking the kids to the pool. After visiting the resort we took a taxi to the cathedral downtown. It was quite amazing. On the way back to the ship we stopped and bartered for things to bring back to the kids. We got Dalek some Mexican wrestling masks like on Nacho Libre, Kiani and Kalea a sundress and a bracelet.


These pictures were taken at our last port in Puerto Vallarta. We had to get up fairly early to go to our outdoor adventure excursion. We started off the day a little rough. Dallin went back to the room to get the camera thinking we had plenty of time so he didn't rush. We missed the tender boat that everyone else went on and we were very worried we were going to be left behind. Luckily they were still on land when we got there. The small boat that was taking us to the excursion started to sink and we had to be rescued. The water filled up the back of the boat very quickly. The rescue boat came very quickly though and we were all fine. Once we got the little beach we went in a big Mercedes truck up the mountain to the adventure location. They put us all in harnesses and introduced us to the guides. The guides were all a lot of fun. We rode mules up the mountain. It is basically like riding a horse only they are slower and stubborn. Mine hated being behind anyone. It took off in front of people whenever it had a chance. After the mules we hiked up a little ways more to the top of the ziplines. We rode 4 ziplines which were tons of fun. One of the wives, Kelly, was scared to death and was very mad at her husband for signing her up. She wasn't very happy about having to do one zipline then had to do 3 more and was even more mad. After the zip lines we got to repel down a waterfall. The water was cold but enjoyable. After the repeling, Kelly started to enjoy herself and even had a good time on the last zipline where we raced our husbands down. We got to repel one more time. It was a free repel with no rocks or anything do walk down. We then hiked down the rest of the way. The rocks got in our shoes and gave us a nice pedicure. When we got back to the base camp we had salsa and then rode back down to the boats. Once we got back to the city we went to a restuarant that the guides had recommended. I ordered enchiladas and they came out hot pink (see the picture). They were really good. The sauce was made with beets so that is why they were pink. We were tired by this point and just went back to the ship to relax.
The last 2 1/2 days on the cruise were at sea and we just relaxed a lot and tried to eat the bad food. The restuarants you had to pay for were good but the rest of the food was needing some serious help. Worst cruise ship food I have ever had. I don't recommend Norwegian Cruise Line if anyone wants to know. I will let you know later if Princess is good. The very last night on the boat we went to the French restuarant with our group and the food was excellent. I wish we had eaten there more then one night. Other then the food not being up to my standards the rest of the trip was really great. I hope we get invited again. Thanks mom and Kristen for watching my kids and for everyone else who helped out. Liz thanks for all you did and do for me. You rock.

3 comments:

Hay Dub said...

Looks like a blast! You two are so cute! We need to go on a cruise together. Lovey you!
Hay

Jessica Simonsen Howard said...

What a fun time. It is always so nice to get away, wish we could do that more often. We have only been on Carnival and the food was pretty good.

Baylis Family said...

Wow, the trip sounds so much fun. I wish Steve's job would do something like that. But I doubt PSU would ever do something like that. But the trip sounded so fun. I don't know if I would have done the dune buggys but the ziplines and repelling is very much my thing.