
Kalea's birthday party was on Friday the 25th of April. We were so fortunate to have so many people able to attend. Curtis and Venice and most of their family, Kristen and two of her boys (Danny and John were sick and Matt was working), Grandma and Grandpa Atkinson, Annette, Curtis and Emily, and our friends Jason and Bonnie Despain and kids and Liz Howick and her kids made up for a great party. We missed everyone who weren't able to be there. We got a new barbeque grill and wanted to try it out so Dallin got a Tri-tip roast and hot dogs and I made some chili. It was a fun evening with everyone there. Thanks for coming everybody.



Kalea and Dalek loved to help make the cake and of course lick the bowl and spatula's after.
This Kalea's own personal cake that I made for her. Dalek kept telling me I needed to smooth the frosting because it looked like Winnie the Pooh was wearing a wig. (I used a cake decorating bag and tip and made the star type dots on the cake.) After it was all finished though he said it looked really good and he liked it. He made most of Kalea's Winnie the Pooh invitations and they turned out really cute.
She wasn't quite sure about having so many people staring at her. She wouldn't touch her cake until everyone had given up on her and walked away.
She like the Winnie the Pooh candle and wanted to eat that instead of the cake.

She did eventually dig in and really enjoyed the cake a lot. We didn't give her ice cream because she doesn't really like things that are that cold.




She was spoiled by everyone and enjoyed opening her presents and playing with them.
I can't believe a year has gone by since she was born. I am sad to see her growing so fast. I asked Dallin if we could find some way to keep her small like this for a long time. I am so grateful to all of your prayers and fasting and to the priesthood blessings I received. I know I wouldn't be here without you guys.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY BABY GIRL!

1 comment:
SOOOOOOOO cute! Nice job on the cake, as always! All the ones I try with the star tips end up looking like a huge mess, and you can't tell what it's supposed to be. Thanks for letting me indulge in the pics of her b-day. What a sweetie! Sounds like you had a great party.
Post a Comment