Monday, May 26, 2008

Kiani's 9th Birthday







I can't believe my little girl is 9. The time is flying by so fast and I want it to stop. She has moments here and there were she seems like my little girl but she is more grown up to talk to and do things with. In some ways it is nice because it is so fun to talk to her and get her opinion on things but then I look back at pictures and
wish I could go back to those times and appreciate all the little things more. She received the latest Barbie movie for her birthday from us and I wasn't sure if she would like it as much as in the past. Thankfully she did and when she was watching it she brought back memories of when she was younger. Dalek wasn't in the room yet and Kiani started yelling to him, "Bibble's in it Dalek! Bibble!" She was so cute and excited. It warmed my heart to hear her.




She chose to go to Jason's Deli for her birthday dinner. She had heard me say it was good, that it had spaghetti, and you could get a free ice cream cone and that sold her. It isn't the type of place you would picture going to on your birthday but it was what she wanted. It has great food and even better prices for a birthday dinner. I had gotten her from school at lunch time and surprised her with a birthday lunch with just her and I. She chose to go to Subway since we didn't have very much time. She gave me a great compliment though and said that my sandwiches are better. I am glad she thinks so.



I asked her what she wanted for her birthday and she told me at first that anything would do, to just surprise her. I asked her again a few weeks later and she said, "Well, I guess a Nintendo DS (latest hand held game device) would be cool and some Webkins (stuffed animals like the Beanie Baby)." Funny enough when she was asked if she still wanted what she asked for she couldn't remember what she had even asked for. I said, "So I guess you don't want it very bad then if you can't even remember what it was." She responded by saying, "Yes I do, I really want it. Tell me what it was again." She guessed it after I told her it started with an N. As you can see in the pictures that is what she got. She was thrilled. She loves to play Mario Kart and enjoyed playing it while she wasn't on stage for Annie, the latest play she is in.






She had a bowling party the Saturday after her birthday. She invited 16 of her friends to come including 3 of her cousins and Dalek. Thanks Annette for coming and helping out. We loved having you guys there. She enjoyed it but was tired from her all day play practice so she wasn't bouncing off the walls like she normally would have been. That could be good and bad depending on your mood.

She amazes me all the time with her generosity. They all received tokens in their party bags so that they could play the arcade games after bowling. They used those up fairly quickly and wanted more of course. While opening presents, Kiani was given money and she decided that she would take most of it and get more tokens so that her friends could play more. She did the math and figured out how many more each friend could get. I was so proud of her for that. It seems that we are doing something right with her.






What pretty little girls. Meg and Kalea





He is such a cool dude.







These girls have so much fun together. Emily and Kiani










Happy Birthday Kiani! We love you so much!

1 comment:

kristen said...

Happy birthday Kiani! I can't believe she's 9! She is such a sweet girl to do that for her friends! Looks like an awesome party. I wish I would've done something fun for Halle. You're such a fun mom. Maybe next year.