Wednesday, May 28, 2008

American Idol


WOOT!!! We were able to go to the American Idol Finale thanks to Tyler and Kristen's generosity. They were given 4 ticket vouchers for the finale night and so we took them up on their offer of attending with them and headed down to California. We were fortunate enough to have Dallin's Mom come stay with Dalek and Kiani for the first night and friends took them the second night. Thanks to everyone who was willing to help out.
We left Tuesday night and flew to L.A. where Tyler picked us up at the airport. Kalea was pretty good on the flight and even fell asleep. We stayed up watching the performances (I fell asleep on the couch in the middle.) and then the next morning we took Kalea and their kids to babysitters. Kristen was able to get a girl in her ward to watch Kalea for us. She has a 9 month old baby and Kalea seemed to do well with them. Then spent 2 1/2 hours in line waiting to pick up our tickets. There was a slim chance that we might not get in so that was a little nerve racking but it worked out. We ate lunch and then headed back to the Nokia Theater and watched a little of the red carpet before heading inside. It was cool to see all of the things in person that you see on T.V. You can't see anything as well but you also get to choose what you want to look at and not what the cameras are filming.
I really had a ton of fun. I enjoyed all of the performances and loved seeing the So You Think You Can Dance dancers perform again. Some of my favorite performances were One Republic with David Archuleta and Brooke White singing and playing the guitar. As Kristen said on her blog, we started missing our kids during that performance because of the slide show with the kids that Idol Gives Back were helping. I wished Kiani could have been there with me because she would have loved it so much. I was feeling pretty sick by the time we were done. On the way out I nearly ran in to Ashley Tisdale (Disney Star in High School Musical) and wished I could have had my camera with me so that I could take a picture for Kiani. When I told her about it she asked me if she looked any different in her real clothes. I told her she was even prettier.
Thanks Kristen for watching Kalea the next day so that Dallin and I could cruise around L.A. We didn't do everything Dallin wanted to do. I wasn't feeling up to it and we were too late to get sushi (We got there at 2 and that is when they stop serving until dinner.). That was sad because we were both looking forward to some good sushi. Next time I guess. Thanks again Tyler and Kristen for being such good hosts. I hope you are able to get tickets to So You Think You Can Dance. I would love to go but I don't think our bank account will allow.

1 comment:

kristen said...

I'm so glad we got in! I would have felt awful if we didn't. It was awesome and so fun because you guys were there. We're so glad you guys were able to come and I'll keep you posted about SYTYCD.