Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Crazy baby Kalea and also her hair

So Kalea was very quiet and I went to check on her. This is what I came upon in Kiani's room. She has found out how to open lids. Not a good thing in my opinion. She loves loves loves to put lotion on. She is always begging for it. She found the Eucerin in Kiani's room and thought it would be a good idea to put it all over her face. It was not nearly as bad to clean up as Kiani's run in with the Eucerin at the same age. Kiani decided to put it on top of her head an inch thick. I washed and washed her hair and still couldn't get all the grease out. Kalea barely got any in her hair and her clothes washed up nicely. Needless to say after this, we have tried to keep everything that she can open and make a mess with out of her reach but that is easier said then done since she is a little monkey and climbs everything. We love her anyway.
This next part is happy for me. As a hairstylist, I am very excited to say that I can finally do Kalea's hair in some other style besides a ponytail on top of her head. Her hair sprouted recently and it is long enough for some fun styles. This is a really cute one that I couldn't resist posting. She sat reasonably still for a 20 month old for me to do this. The trick is to get her attention on something that doesn't make her move very much.
I love that smile. Such a cute little head.

6 comments:

Jessica Simonsen Howard said...

That is so funny. I know how it is withthe lotions and stuff. kalea's hair looks so cute. You are very patient as well as her to get her hair like that. There is now way that Maycie would do that for me. Great job!!!

jillpill said...

Very cute! I am amazed at Kalea's hair! I can barely get my three boys hair combed, let alone actually style it! I suppose I was meant for boys. Sorry about the lotion mess. Knock on wood...that hasn't happened to us!

Katie said...

oh man, what a pill! that is so hilarious! and i LOVE her hair. maybe i'll try it on my niece. she is about the same age.

chas (my boy) was getting into the lotion for awhile. but i figured out that he was EATING it. i promptly put it out of reach. what a character!

The Richards Family said...

so so cute! I love it! She must be pretty patient! Looking forward to tonight! Hey did you ever get an invite to my blog. Some people have said it didn't work. Let me know!

Hay Dub said...

haha that is too funny. She is looking so grown up! I love the hair! We need to get together and swap hair ideas:)

Baylis Family said...

Kalea's hair is so cute. Sophie is needless to say still pretty bald. So not much I can do with her hair. The lotion thing was very funny, as Sophie is going through the say thing. She loves lotion and putting it on her face. I too have to be careful of those quiet moments and the hide and seek we play to find her. (she likes to hide in our closet when she is doing something she shouldn't).