


We decided to go on a hike for father's day. It has been our goal to try and hike all the trails on our area. We had hoped to make it a weekly thing but with Dallin's work schedule and other commitments we have only made it on two hikes so far this summer. This hike was really fun. It took us awhile to find the parking lot. Dallin got directions off the internet and they were really bad but we did eventually make it. We got there late enough that we didn't think we would make it up to the top of the mountain to the waterfall before it got dark but lucky for us the sun took awhile to go down. The hike took us four hours total. We were all starving by the time we got down off the mountain because we didn't eat dinner before we left. I didn't realize the plan was to hike up a very large mountain to a waterfall. If I had known that we would have taken dinner with us or eaten before we left. Our friend Dave and his 3 kids came with us on the hike. He had some cliff bars in his bag which helped the kids last until we got down from the mountain. Kalea fell asleep in the pack on the back of Dallin on the way down. Her head was bobbing so far back and forth I had no idea how she stayed asleep. She thought she needed to be drinking from the camelback the entire time. She would yell Dada every 5 seconds. We decided she needed a tube that just stayed in her mouth the entire time. We all loved the waterfall and felt it was worth the long hike. Luckily the hardest part of the hike is the first part. I didn't hear a single complaint out of the kids the entire hike. They didn't even complain they were hungry until we got to the car at the end. It is a highly recommended hike for anyone who likes to hike at all. I think it is only supposed to take half the amount of time that it took us but of course with kids you have to stop and look at things a long the way. I like that part.

This a great little camping spot or place for just a campfire. The log had seats carved into it.

This is Kalea begging for more water from me whom she calls DADA!

We passed a lady on the way up who only had part of an arm and right after we passed Dalek stuck his arm in his shirt to see how hard it would be to hike. I had to get a shot of it.

This is the waterfall of course.

A nice couple took a picture of all of us in front of the falls.

We love the waterfall!!!

2 comments:
That looked like a ton of fun! I love hiking, even if I end up carrying a kid most of the way. he he. We will have to go sometime.
that looks like you guys had a ton of fun!!
next time you think you might be going, you should give us a call. topher and I can only go an hour away or less, and so that's something we wanted to try and do as well...the hiking in local areas. :)
glad you guys had fun. :)
Post a Comment