Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Dalek's Final T-ball game

Dalek missed a few of his T-ball games because of his asthma and so the season really seemed short to us. He had been trying really hard each game to hit the ball when the coach pitched it but hadn't succeeded until this final game and his final time up to bat. He finally hit it and he hit it hard. He was so happy that I don't think he stopped smiling the rest of the night. He was so excited to get his medal. He really enjoyed playing on the same team as his best friend Michael Howick. At one point in the game, Michael was playing first base and Dalek was between first and second base. The ball game to Dalek and he got it and threw it to Michael. He thought that was pretty cool. Some days he tells me he really like baseball and other days he doesn't. Who knows if he will play next year but it was fun to see him progress this year. He is now counting down the days to play soccer. I think he will have more fun playing that sport since there isn't a lot of standing around. Good job Dalek on your first big hit.

Dalek about to hit the ball. Yeah! I got it on film!

He runs so cute. Of course, I might be a little bias.

Dalek is trying to High 5 the kid on first base and he keeps psyching him out.












He had so much funning giving high 5's at the end of the game.












He is so proud of his medal. That is what he was most looking forward to all season.

1 comment:

Peter and Julia said...

Hey Kalani... glad the family is doing well!! THe 4th of July is coming up so quick and it will be so fun to see everyone again! I wanted to tell you that we will be having a SUPRISE shower for Lea and her baby. I believe they named him William. It will be after we eat dinner on the 4th of July and it will just be a tiny shower bringing gifts for her and that's all, I believe. Any questions you can call my mom:)