Sunday, August 3, 2008

ABC Summer

At the start of the summer, I decided I wanted to do activities that would correlate with letters in the alphabet. I asked a few of my friends if they would want to do it and my very good friend Liz jumped on board with me. We decided to do it conventionally and go from A to Z. I wanted to help Dalek get ready for Kindergarten and also make it a fun summer. We didn't get Lagoon passes this year and my kids were pretty bummed about that so I wanted them to be busy doing other fun things.

For A we went to the Airplane Museum up by Hill Air Force Base. The kids that were along were Diana, Michael, and Ella Howick, Max Johnson and my 3 kids.
They had so much fun taking turns strapping themselves into this pilot seat. Michael and Dalek showing us how really big those wheels are on the planes.

For B we went bowling, which was a ton of fun for everyone even the babies. I forgot my camera and I still need to get the pictures from Liz. Thank heavens one of us has remembered our camera for every activity. I will add them to this later.

C was a hot day at Castle Park. We didn't last very long since it was so hot and the trees are tiny still so there wasn't shade to cool off. I think Children's Museum may have been a better choice so we could be in air conditioning. We had Cowboy Cookies for a snack. Kiani loved helping all the small kids at the park swing on the swings. She said she was practicing for when she is older and is asked to babysit.

Diana, Ella, Michael, Beau Gemperline, Kiani, Kalea, and Dalek

No comments: