Sunday, August 3, 2008

ABC Summer Part 2

I will continue with our summer activities. I should have started these posts a long time ago so I didn't have them all lumped together but oh well.
For the letter D we went to the Dinosaur Museum in Ogden. I always love going there with the kids but have usually done it on cooler days. The kids couldn't really play on the dinosaurs and the other playground equipment because it was too hot. We had lunch there, dug for dinosaur bones, watched a movie, and dug for gems. The kids were worn out when we were done but had a great time just the same.



Diana, Ella, Mary Folsom, Michael, Kalea, Dalek and Kiani

Michael and Dalek were so cute digging for dinosaur bones. They would get so excited to discover another part to the dinosaur. I would have loved to record their conversation.



For the letter E we went to the Kaysville Firestation to learn about Emergencies. Unfortunately, right as we were starting the tour they were called out on a fire and it was bad enough that everyone in the station went. We are going to try to return sometime before the end of summer. We were able to watch as the firetrucks left and we watched a video about fire safety.

Kalea, Jaci Dandos, Diana, Max Johnson, Mary Folsom, Michael, Kiani, Liz, Dalek, Ella

For the letter F we went to Sweets Candy Factory. My sister-in-law Venice gave us a tour and then we bought too much candy. That tour is always a good time for myself and the kids. Venice was a great tour guide and everyone enjoyed the free samples of candy. Thanks Venice.
Diana, Kylie Christensen, Ella, Michael, Dalek, Cautrey, Kalea, Kiani, Chase

I was so impressed with Kalea. She kept this on her head the whole time. I didn't think she would leave it on for more than a second but she didn't even touch. So weird since she won't keep barrettes and headbands in her hair for very long.

No comments: