Sunday, July 20, 2008

4th of July Family Reunion

The Muir family Reunion

Every year on the week of the 4th of July Dallin's family has a family reunion. It has grown very large and has extended from one day of festivities to 3 or 4. We had fun swimming with everyone on the 3rd and then spent the night in Smithfield with Dallin's parents. Tyler and Kristen were staying there and we wanted to spend more time with them. We played Rock Band until the wee hours of the morning. We were even told to keep it down by the cops. We figure he was driving by patrolling the neighborhood since there had been so many breakins lately and heard the music since our windows were open. We really weren't that loud. We couldn't even hear it in the bedroom on the other side of the wall but he must of thought it was his duty to keep the neighborhood peaceful and quiet. We had a good laugh anyway. First time I have ever been in trouble with the law. Hehehe.
Almost the whole Muir family was in attendance. What a great posterity for Grandpa Muir.Almost all of the great grandkids and great great grandkids with Grandpa Muir. What a cute bunch.

On the 4th we had a dinner at the stake center park and there were games and a bounce house for the kids. A lot of the adults and older kids played baseball and I think kickball. We also had a shower for the youngest Muir baby William (Shane and Lee's baby). He is such a cute thing. We had a great big windstorm come in and about blew us all away. We were eating and a lot of the kids had gone back to playing when the wind came up. They had left their plates on the table. Dalek was still trying to eat and the wind kept blowing plates into his head. It was so funny to watch him just continue to eat and not even pay attention that there was food all over his head. Atleast 4 plates hit him in the side of the head and he just went on eating. I wished I had a video of it. We were a little worried that we wouldn't get to see the fireworks this year because of the wind but thankfully the wind died down. We usually go to the ball park to watch the fireworks since that is where they set them off but someone had heard that where we were was still a good spot to watch them. I think I like being under them a whole lot more but it was nice not to have to fight the crowds and find a parking spot. Kiani enjoyed watching them up on top of a van with Meg and Hanna. Dalek and Kalea along with Vinny ran around for most of it stopping occasionally to watch the fireworks.

Vinny, Kalea and Halle playing croquette

Liv, Zoe, and Kalea had fun in the dirt. They giggled as they played and Kalea ate it. (Like mother like daughter I guess)

1 comment:

kristen said...

you got such cute pictures at the reunion (as always!) I didn't get one of the whole family. I think people here would pass out and die if they saw how big of a family we have! It is quite the group. Looks like you guys have been having a really fun summer.