Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Draper Temple Open House


It was nearing the end of the Draper Temple Open House so Dallin and I decided we better just grab the kids right after school and take them to it. We picked up Dallin just before 4 and got to the Stake Center at 4:30. We had to wait for about fifteen minutes to watch the DVD and then we were able to board the buses. Kalea was tired of being couped up by the time we got to the temple. She was glad that I let her walk for part of the tour. She didn't like that the line was really slow and wanted to just run past everyone. She wasn't very happy about being held either. She was mostly happy when Dallin put her on his shoulders. There was a nice lady in fron of us who gave her some chocolate covered raisins. I am not sure that was the best idea in the temple but Kalea managed to not even get any on her chin let alone anywhere else. The older two loved seeing all the beautiful rooms. Kiani asked a lot of questions and was very interested in knowing as much as she could. Kalea loved the rooms that were painted with murals on the walls. She kept saying pretty over and over. She also loved the celestial room. My kids were extremely happy to find out that there would be refreshments after. When we got to the exit of the temple and there hadn't been refreshments yet. Kiani said, very loudly, "I thought there was going to be refreshments." I was pretty embarassed and hurried her on her way. She did get to have her cookies in the visitors center. Kalea stole several cookies before I could stop her. She looked at me like, Hahaha Mom, I touched them so now I get to eat them. Kiani said after that she didn't think the sealing room would look the way it did. I am not sure how she imagined it. I am glad we were able to make it on the tour. I still remember going through the Manti Temple when I was little.

1 comment:

Baylis Family said...

The Temple looks beautiful. I've only been to a Temple dedication, never an open house. Hopefully we will have the blessing of more temples built closer to us so we can go.