A week and a half ago we had promised to take our kids skiing. We knew it was raining but hoped that it would be snowing at the resort. It took awhile to get out of the house because I had forgotten that I lent my boots out to our friends daughter last year and we hadn't received them back. We decided to just rent some for me because our friends were out of town. We got to Wolf Mountain at 1:00 in the afternoon and it was raining. Dallin had to finish writing some e-mails for work so we hung out for awhile in the car but the rain didn't stop. We decided instead of bagging the trip we would head up higher in the mountains to Powder Mountain. It was snowing there and we got there in time to have the discounted night tickets. I was happy that it was still light outside for the kids to see. I took some really cute pictures of them skiing but somehow when I tried to download the pictures they disappeared off the memory card. I will take more this weekend and hope the same thing doesn't happen. Neither of the kids had been skiing for a couple of years. Last year I couldn't do it since I was fully recovered and Dallin never wanted to take them by himself. Dalek had only been one other time and so it was really more like his first time. He caught on really fast and loved going down the hill. Kiani liked to overthink everything and was killing her legs until she understood what I was trying to teach her. I really would like to get them into lessons for an hour so that they can get better instruction then I can give. Dalek had a scary experience of being drug up the hill by the rope tow. We have a vest with a long handle that we put on him so that we could control his speed down the hill a little and the handle got stuck on the tow rope. Dalek wasn't scared, he thought it was fun but Dallin and I got pretty scared. They stopped the rope pretty quickly but he was still drug a good 10 feet before that. The kids had fun and didn't really want to stop skiing but Dallin was coming down with a cold and needed to stop plus we were all hungry and didn't want to eat at the resort. We went to a new Mexican restuarant in Eden called Carlos and Harley's. It is officially Dallin and my new favorite Mexican restuarant. Yummy! Everything was so good. I want to go back really soon. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment