On January 26th, Dalek turned 6. He was sad the night before his birthday because he didn't think he was going to be able to spend the day with his friends. I reassured him that he was because he was going to school and he said, "No mom, that isn't the same." His party with his friends wasn't going to happen until Saturday the 31st and to a 6 year old that is forever. I told him that we would call some of his friends and see if their parents would bring them to McDonalds for lunch on his birthday. He was happy with that idea. His friends, Michael Howick, Rachel Bingham, Stephanie Poole, and Beau Gemperline came to eat. Earlier at school he was able to tell about himself for the VIP week. The kids got to ask him questions and I was very happy with his answers. They asked him his favorite food and he said, "Fruits and vegetables." What a great kid. I wish I could say I was like that when I was little but I was so picky.
That night at 5:00 he got to start opening a present every 20 minutes. He had a fun time waiting in between. Dallin had the idea so it wasn't over so fast. He got his new glasses and we went to eat at Tepanyaki's. They cook in front of you and our kids love it. Kalea wasn't fond of the fire and clung to me for the rest of the night. Dalek was the same way until about a year ago. He would hide during the cooking part. I am glad he isn't scarred for life and now loves the place.

The first couple presents he opened were a race track from Grandma and Grandpa and a crocidile Webkinz from Kiani.

He then got a new game for the WII and the movie The Rescuers.

On his next present from Kalea, he was a little confused because it was a DS game and he doesn't have one. Dallin told him that Kiani would probably let him use hers to play it.

On the way home from the restuarant he opened up a case for a DS and he still didn't figure out that he was getting one. So when he opened his last present and it was a DS, he was sooo excited. It is red, his favorite color.
Everyone enjoying Dalek's new present. :)

2 comments:
The kids are growing up so fast. Boy are they changing. It sounds like a fun birthday.
Happy B-day (late I know!) Dalek! He looks so handsome in glasses. He is 6 already! I forget how close he and Halle are in age. Looks like so much fun!
Post a Comment