Before the race at Hollee's house.I had been training for a triathlon and decided that sounded like a good idea as part of my training. I had never run a 10k race before, in fact, I don't think I had ever run 6 miles in my life all at once. I was hoping that I could make it through the race and luckily I made it. Haylee was really good at keeping me going. I had to stop and walk only on the final hill and only because my asthma was acting up and I couldn't breathe but as soon as I heard other runners coming up behind me I started running again. I sprinted the last three blocks and finished just a little bit behind Haylee. Her friend Lisa had also ran with us. We lost her somewhere back on mile 2 when we got water but then she almost caught back up to us in the end. It was so fun to run with these girls. I am excited to do it again. I love running now.
The finish line, Me, Haylee, and LisaWe got free breakfast for racing (although I really didn't feel like eating.) and then I headed home to quickly grab Dallin and the kids so that we could come back to Haylee's sisters house and watch the parade. Hollee was so kind to let us sit in here front yard and enjoy the parade. The kids got a bunch of candy, some frisbees, stuffed animals, and Kalea got an Ariel backpack.

No comments:
Post a Comment