We arrived in Las Vegas just before 1 a.m. The kids woke up to get themselves up to bed and Kalea had a hard time fallin back asleep which made it hard for the others to fall asleep but since we didn't have to wake up too early that was okay. The hotel beds were the most uncomfortable bed I have ever slept on. You could feel every spring and bar. I was so glad it was just for one night. Dallin actually went out to the living room and slept on the coach because he couldn't handle the bed.

The next morning we headed to Hoover Dam. Dallin had always wanted to see it and the kids had never been so we decided to take the drive over. The drive there took forever because we were only going about 15 to 20 miles per hour most of the way. They are constructing a new bridge that will make the traffic better through there.
The bridge will make it possible for the traffic that just wants to go through to bypass the Dam altogether.

We went inside the Dam first to see the power plant part. All of the kids seemed to really enjoy learning about it and seeing the huge pipes. Then we went and looked over the edge. I hate that part. It scares me to see my kids looking over the edge and Kalea kept trying to climb up the side so I didn't stay out there very long.

We then drove to California but hit really bad traffic coming from Las Vegas so we decided to stop off in Primm and wait it out. They have a huge roller coaster there so we decided to try it out since Kiani was begging. Dalek wasn't tall enough to go on it and it was a good thing because Kiani came off crying. She normally loves any type of ride especially roller coasters but this one was horrible. The drop was way too far for her (75 feet) and the chairs you sat in were so uncomfortable and it shook you around so much you got beat up. She came off with a headache and told me not to go on it but we had already purchased my ticket so I went. I agree with Kiani. It was horrible. They also had a log ride that I took Kalea and Dalek on and that was fun. I wish that we had just done that with Kiani instead but I am sure she wouldn't have agreed to that before trying the roller coaster. When we left the traffic was still bad. It took us twice as long to get to California.
The kids were sound asleep when we got to the hotel. Thank heavens these beds were really nice and comfortable. I will write more about this trip on the next post.

1 comment:
How fun! The dam would be really cool to see.
Post a Comment