Friday, September 19, 2008

Dallin's accident (Warning ichy picture of a head wound.)

Some of you have heard that Dallin was hit by a car while attempting to cross the street in Santa Barbara, California. He isn't exactly sure how it happened other then he knows he stepped and then was hit and flying through the air. His left side was hit and is scrapped and bruised and his head took out the side mirror before he cartwheeled with his head onto the curb. He spent the night in the hospital and then was released to come home. Oh and he was there on business for those of you who are wondering what he was doing crossing a street in California in the middle of the week. He is pretty beat up but thankfully we don't think anything is seriously wrong. No broken bones or even stitches which is amazing since the car was going around 30 or 40, not sure which. My mother in law and I think that he had someone who really loves him watching out for him that day because at about the same time he was walking down the street she had a prompting to put Dallin's name in the temple. She at first didn't think much of it because there wasn't really a reason to that she could think of. Then she was prompted again and very strongly told NOW. So she did and I am eternally grateful to her for doing that. I am thankful she was paying attention because I have no other reason to believe that my husband is alive and mostly well because of her. I was worried while he was still in California and now that he is home it is a little better since I can see him with my own eyes. We are so thankful he is back home. We love you Daddy Dallin.
Here is his poor head. It looks pretty good considering he ripped the side mirror off of a mini van with it.

5 comments:

Allie said...

Ok i just talked to soon on the last blog how is his head other then I always know he had a hard head. I am so glad he is alright. Love ya allie Ps 3 blogs in one night wow that is a record

Amy Finnegan {BookshopTalk.com} said...

OUCH!!!!!! I am so glad as well that my wee little brother was not squashed.

Love you, Dal, I'm happy you survived.

Yes, Mom does have her premonitions. How about the silly thing she kept telling us when we were kids: look both ways before you cross the road :)

Silly mom. Tee hee.

Kalani, I can only imagine how freaked out you were - of all places for it to happen! Youch.

Anyway, I hope you are feeling better, Dallin, I'm sure it must have been not only a lot of pain, but a huge shock.

:) aj

Anonymous said...

Dear, sweet Kalani,

Your comments about my very spiritual experience really touched my heart and brought tears to my eyes. After I put his name in the Temple, I felt a calm and did not have him in my mind again until he called at 9:30 that night. Needless to say, he has been in my prayers and thoughts ever since. I told one of my friends at work about his accident and she asked if that was the son that I had knelt in prayer one day when he was about five and asked my Father in Heaven to please assign his very swiftest gaurdian angels to watch over him. I had forgotton not only that I had told her that, but when she said what she did, I remembered and visualized doing that very thing in Dallin's behalf. He was so adventuresome and I could not be with him ALL the time. I knew I needed Heavenly help. I am so very grateful for the Holy Ghost and the others that watch over us so tenderly. Whoever spoke to me that day was VERY persistant. Dallin has a special mission on the earth and he truly is so blessed to still be alive. Last year, it was you Kalani. Your family is having way too much "fun".

I love you all with all my heart. Now that my heart is "fixed", that is another blessing. Please get well soon dear Son and please have
a specialist check you for head and neck trauma.

MOM

kristen said...

We too are So glad that he is all right. It truly is a miracle that he was not seriously hurt. I can't believe that happened. I'm glad you are all right too. How scary it must be to not be able to be there with him. We wish him a speedy recovery.. although he must not feel too bad if he was able to meet Tyler in Hollywood and go shopping for most of the afternoon :) We love you guys!

Hay Dub said...

We are so so glad he is ok. It just didn't seem real when you Brett told me. What a miracle!! It brought tears in my eyes to hear about your mother-in-law. Let me know if ya need anything. Believe me I owe you! Your the best and I am so glad I have you as a friend. Can you say Birthday Lunch. Ya we are so going. Give me a call so we can figure out a good time.